Crosswell Drive Elementary’s Vision Statement
Crosswell Drive will provide a positive learning environment that strives to develop critical thinkers, life long learners, and productive citizens.
Crosswell Drive Elementary’s Mission Statement
The mission of Crosswell Drive Elementary is to meet the needs of the whole child by preparing innovative, diverse, and successful learning opportunities in an educational, arts, and technology matrix that is a joint effort by staff, community, and parental support.
Crosswell Drive Elementary’s Beliefs
We believe that…
- Student learning is the chief priority for the school.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional and assessment opportunities that address these needs.
- Schools need to function as a learning organization and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- A safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Exceptional students (e.g., special education, limited English proficiency, talented and gifted, etc.) require special services and resources.
- Arts education enhances, integrates and applies learning from and to all other subject areas.